Please note - we are no longer scheduling private or public events at the Opera House until the threat from the COVID-19 virus passes. Please check back later for more details. If you have any questions you can e-mail Thank you.
Great! So you have looked over all the Plainfield Town Hall Opera House Rental information and now you'd like to submit your rental application. Please read the following reminders and answer the following questions and we'll be back in touch with you shortly.
Important reminders (see Rental Agreement for more details):
• In extreme circumstances and at the discretion of the Booking Coordination and the Friends Board refunds may be given for cancellations at the rates of 100% prior to 72 hours before the event. if a renter cancels within 72 hours of the event the deposit will not be returned.
Changes to the contract
• You will be charged an additional fee of $25 for requesting changes to the approved contract.
• Additions are fine but require a separate application.
• Rental time must include setup and striking time.
• For instance, if you need the hall for your event from 2-4 and setup will take 2 hours and striking/cleanup will take 2 hours then your rental time will be from 12 to 4pm.
• 2 checks are required (plus cleaning fee if necessary):
Your Rental Fee check needs to be delivered or mailed to the Town Clerk. She is in her office MWF 7:30am to Noon & 12:30 to 4pm or by appt. (141 Main. St., Plainfield 05667). Make checks out to: Town of Plainfield; PTHOH in memo line.
After official approval of the events manager, mail in your Cleaning and Booking Reservation Deposit check to the Plainfield Opera House at P.O. Box 120, Plainfield, VT 05667. Make the check out to the Town of Plainfield with PTHOH written on the comment line.
If you would like to serve alcohol at your event, please read the following information about obtaining liquor liability coverage.
Leave the key in the drop box on the wall outside the door (on the left) as you are leaving.